INSIGHT OF THE WEEK
“I advise [entrepreneurs] to choose their partner very carefully. They should be someone that you’ve worked with, that you know very well and that you share the same values and work ethic with. … If you are going to work hard every day, or on weekends, the other person should be able to do that as well.”
-Charlene Prounis, Former pharma ad executive and advertising agency co-founder
To Partner Up or to go it Alone?
Charlene Prounis, former pharma ad executive and advertising agency co-founder, shares her advice about business partnerships after creating and selling two agencies. She reveals the challenges and opportunities involved in bringing on business partners, and what to look for in a potential partner. Host Kim Ades shares her tips for keeping your executive-level staff engaged and motivated.
In this episode of Resilience Radio, we explore:
- How to transition from employee to business owner.
- The intricacies of having multiple business partners.
- The qualities to look for in a potential business partner.
- How to attract top talent in your industry.
- How Charlene rebounded from a business downturn in just 6 months.
- Tips for keeping your senior staff engaged and motivated.
Charlene is a two-time entrepreneur. She started her first pharma ad agency in 1999 which eventually sold to Omnicom. She then started another agency in 2005 which sold again to Omnicom. Prior to that, she worked as a senior ad executive at Grey Healthcare, and was a pharma salesperson and an RN in an ICU. She holds a BSN from Adelphi University and an MBA from St. John’s University.
Take a Listen!