INSIGHT OF THE WEEK
“I had never felt so much joy in my life. I discovered that giving to other people, and helping other people, is where I get my deep, deep happiness.“
-Kendra Kincade, Air Traffic Controller
Changing Your Life by Helping Others
Air traffic controller, speaker and philanthropist, Kendra Kincade, shares her story of living on the streets at age 13, ending up in foster care and finding herself a single mom with four children. She also shares how volunteering helped her turn her life around, as well as how she founded her own nonprofits.
In this episode of Resilience Radio, we explore:
- How volunteering helped Kendra turn her life around.
- The lessons Kendra learned climbing Mount Kilimanjaro to raise money.
- How to shift your beliefs to become more confident and successful.
- The power of mentorship for women.
- How to hire employees for your organization even if you don’t have a lot of money.
The recipient of both the Global Woman of Vision Award and the NAV Canada Chairman’s Award, Kendra is the Founder and Board Chairman of Elevate Aviation, a venture dedicated to uniting and empowering women in the aviation industry
Take a Listen!