INSIGHT OF THE WEEK
“Starting my own business has always been something I wanted to do. Even when I decided to quit my job, I knew I wanted to work for myself. I wanted the freedom to do whatever I want.”
-Anna Victoria Chow, Co-Owner of The Good Geisha
From Corporate Employee to Thriving Entrepreneur
Anna Victoria Chow, co-owner of The Good Geisha (a premier cosmetic tattoo shop in downtown Toronto), shares her story of leaving a full-time job in finance and starting her own business despite concerns from family members. Host Kim Ades and Anna discuss the thinking that enabled her to become a successful entrepreneur as well as their best advice for business owners.
In this episode of Resilience Radio, we explore:
- How to move forward with your business despite disapproving family members.
- A key mindset shift that allows successful entrepreneurs to overcome adversity.
- Why working harder won’t necessarily get you better results.
- How to identify and focus on your greatest strengths as a business owner.
- How to know when to let go and trust your employees.
Anna Victoria Chow is the Shape/Balance/Symmetry Expert, Senior instructor, Operations Chief and Co-owner of The Good Geisha. She gained ground quickly in the cosmetic tattooing industry by extensively training under numerous renowned artists worldwide. Anna also takes pride in her title as Head Trainer of the Microblading program at the renowned cosmetics and skin care retailer, Caryl Baker Visage.
Take a Listen!