Client Spotlight with Jessica Michaelson
Today’s Client Spotlight: Dr. Jessica Michaelson
Career: Psychologist and parenthood coach; founder of Early Parenthood Support
Coaching Period: Five weeks of 1-on-1 coaching with Coach Kim Ades
Why did you decide to pursue coaching with Frame of Mind Coaching?
I’ve been a JournalEngine Licensee for two years and I had attended some teleseminars and training with Kim and Carla. The Frame of Mind Coaching approach really resonated with me. The company really embodied all of the values that I reflect in my business – being authentic, not salesy, friendly, warm and loving with clients and community. I was feeling stuck with my business and felt that I just didn’t have the conviction and strength behind my business that I wanted to have. I knew that Kim was the right person to kick my ass.
What did you take away from coaching?
– Kim helped me articulate my own coaching process so that when I speak to clients or speak to the public, I have clarity about how I move people from where they are to where they want to be.
– I was surprised by how much I got in my own way. I had many self-limiting beliefs; that I didn’t deserve success, flexibility and freedom. I worked to counter those beliefs and get rid of the negative self-talk.
– I learned that I should play a bigger game. What I have to say is really important, and as an early parenthood coach, I have the potential to affect generations. Instead of expecting my business to be local, I can expect it to be global. I can have a much bigger impact on the families in this world.
– I know that my stress and insecurity about my business made it harder for me to be present with my family. In coaching, I got much more clarity and confidence in my business. I also had a lot of conversations with my husband about how a shift in my mindset is going to be good for our overall financial health.
– In my work, I found that many parents wanted to talk about the technical difficulties of parenthood, like changing diapers or giving time-outs. I knew I wanted to talk about the underlying belief structures and blind spots that parents were having to make the technical issues so challenging, but I figured parents wouldn’t want to talk about that. I got really clear about the importance of expressing what I do best, so I can help my clients become exponentially better parents. Coaching helped me eliminate the noise, and to focus on what I’m really passionate about.
How did journaling affect your coaching experience?
Journaling helped me stay engaged and take action on a daily basis, so there was no slowing down throughout the week. I was very impressed by how quickly and frequently Kim got back to me. She really showed me her dedication.
What would you tell others about coaching?
I highly recommend Kim as a coach. If anyone is on the fence about working with Frame of Mind Coaching… they should take the next step and try it out.